The Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church (in German: Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche) is a Protestant church built in the 1890s and located in Charlottenburg, Berlin. The church was badly damaged in a bombing raid in 1943. After the end of the war, it decided that the church would be left as a memorial and a reminder of the consequences of war.
In 1963, a new church was erected directly next to the original. This belfry, with an attached chapel is where services are held today. Visitors are welcome to walk around the ground floor memorial hall and read information about the history of the church. The church is a famous landmark, not only for visitors, but also locals who have nicknamed the church, “der Hohle Zahn” or “The Hollow Tooth”.
Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
Address: Breitscheidplatz, 10789 Berlin
How to get there
S-Bahn: S5, S7, S75 (Zoologischer Garten)
U-Bahn: U1 (Kurfürstendamm)
Within 10 minutes walk